Clowns or Kings? Hands Down, the Golden Arches Win

Long-time readers of my blog are well aware of my fear of the freaky King and my subsequent boycott. So in the realm of fast food giants, I choose McDonald's. During spring break trips driving to Florida, we kids looked forward to Mom saying, "the Golden Arches are ahead." Eating at Mickey D's was a treat, not that we didn't like Bologna and ketchup sandwiches. But honestly, hot, crisp, salty fries beat out white bread any day.

And now that I'm grown up and have had cholesterol issues, I limit my visit to McDonald's. But on the those days when I know it's going to be a long one, I pull through the corner Mickey D's on Tallahassee's Monroe and Martin Luther King for good ole' comfort food: a #1 with a Coke - Egg McMuffin and hashbrown. I do this less and less, however, since the meal now costs about four bucks.

Today was a day to indulge, especially after reading a fellow ACer's blog, Paula Mooney, I learned of a promotion seeking authentic experiences and photos of McDonald's. So my lunch was a Fillet O'Fish. Had to wait a while for the crew to catch and prepare my meal, after all, I imagine fish is not in high demand. But waiting was ok, Southern hospitality is alive and well in Tallahassee, Florida and my cashier was pleasant and friendly. In the bottom photo, you can see the crew working away.



Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for the shout out! I hope you get picked. That 10 bucks came in handy and came fast into my PayPal account and bought doggie food, cookies and pizza. Much love, Paula