Frustration at the Gym

After two weeks at the gym, burning 500+ calories every other day on the elliptical machine (3 - 4 miles), on the circuit of weight training during the off days, eating only whole foods (nothing processed) and watching my caloric and carb intake, I gained a FREAKIN POUND!!!

How can that happen??? I realize muscle weighs more than fat, but I have totally changed my eating habits. There were three afternoons of cake and four mornings of donuts in the office over the past two weeks and I walked away from ALL of them. I was sick for a couple of days and hardly ate anything (but still managed to make it to the gym). I've avoided the vending machine, cut soda out of my diet and have been drinking at least a gallon of water a day (while peeing like a race horse). Somehow I manage to gain a FREAKIN POUND!

On the upside, clothes feel better and I can sleep better. But it's still frustrating. Grrrr! No more scale for me!

Comments

OMG!!! I just found your blog via surfing for the word "kitsch" (I write a retro-themed blog for my job) and after reading this post I felt compelled to say a big "THANK YOU!!!!" (with an "Amen" tacked onto the end).

I totally feel your pain!

I have gone through the same scenario countless times.

You kill yourself and then gain a pound or two.

Every time I try to restart a diet/exercise regime, I get my period (off schedule) and a bad cold.
I've decided it's all a political Orwellian conspiracy of some kind.

Anyway, thanks for the great post & I look forward to reading more of your blog!

-Stevie
jhuber7672 said…
My week of diet and exercise met the temptation of DoubleTree's signature chocolate cookie. Guess a quarter cookie equals 4 Weight Watcher Points (which I really have no idea what that means).

Needless to say, after the frustration, I gave into temptation. And getting locked out of my place last night - heading out to the gym, have to wonder, is it a sign? Am I destined to be soft and round? If only Paris Hilton would gain 75 pounds...