Is it Sunday Night Already?

The weekend was excellent, just too short, as usual. I've been a kitchen diva, whipping up jellies and butters (check out on my Tallahassee site), laughed often and much at Comedy Zone Tallahassee Friday night (Marvin Todd was hysterical and Frankie Paul kept the laughs going) and upped my gym routine today - six miles of interval training this afternoon - ugh!

As I get ready for tomorrow, I just have to say how much I love cilantro. Of all the herbs on this planet, this is my fave! It's zippy, earthy, slightly exotic yet comforting. I had some avocados reaching post-ripeness so I made a bit of guacamole and some tasty salsa and threw the rest into my rice-tomato-chicken concoctions for my lunches this week. Wish I had a green thumb so I could grow the herb myself.

Do any herbs move you? Come on, don't be shy.

Happy Monday!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am partial to Basil and Rosemary. Buy one of those little "herb gardens in a pot" thing and set it out on the patio. When you travel they have those little bottle you put in the pots so the plants stay watered. Home Depot has them. As for Cilantro you need to keep new plantings going since it goes to seed.
Anonymous said…
The kind you can smoke....
jhuber7672 said…
cwac: hadn't realized about cilantro and the seeds. I just killed another basil plant, I don't understand! The instructions state water it sparingly (to me that means barely a spit's drop) and keep in the sun.

Anon: Now there's some honesty, not that I've tasted those "herbs..."