Oscar Mayer Hot Dogs @ ATL

Flying through Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport today en route to Lafayette, La. While I'm looking forward to a tasty meal of Cajun cuisine tonight, I needed a little somethin' somethin' to tide me over. That somethin' was a tasty, grilled hot dog from an Oscar Mayer shop in Terminal C.So many hot dog types to choose from, ranging from Cajun to Texan and New York to Chicago. I went with the Chicago dog. Add a medium drink (Cherry Coke - a dining spot after my heart) and the tab was about $5.50. The toppings making it a Chicago dog were piled high, as pictured. It included spicy mustard, chopped tomato, cucumber slices, little hot peppers, relish, and chopped onions. Yum!

Unless I wanted a scent of eu du Chicago dog lingering over me for the rest of the day, there was no way I could have eaten this without a fork (and wish I grabbed a knife - plastic knives are allowed, right?). The bun was a little soggy and I'm thinking it was from all the juicy toppings.

Anyway, the dog was pretty good. I've had hot dogs from Nathan's over in Terminal T and those are pretty tasty but limited in toppings. The variety of choices atop a grilled hot dog definitely make Oscar Mayer in the Atlanta Airport a home run!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nathans,Shopsy's and Hebrew National are my three favorites varieties of wiener.
My favorite hot dog shop was the Arbor Dog in Port Dover but it has gone down hill. I'll have to find a new favorite.
The quest for the perfect hot dog !
jhuber7672 said…
Salen's dogs are mighty tasty, too. It's a Buffalo thang ;)